Translate

17 March, 2014

Double standards

Hey.
I'm sure you've all heard of double standards and, no matter how hard we try, we almost always have them. I'm not proud of it, but I have to admit I have them too. Maybe for too many stuff. If we're all the same, with, of course, the same rights, why can't we delete double standards out of our minds? It's weird to see a man wearing a skirt (except a Scottish kilt), it's weird to see a girl playing football, it's weird to see a woman covered in tattoos, it's weird to see a man with an earring... Some of these stuff I like, some I don't, but that's all about the person. It's all in the point of view. Surely, you're not expecting everyone to have the same opinion as you have, right? You don't have to like something, but it's not your's right to say anything. You can think what you want, you can comment with your friends (preferably with the ones who have the same opinion), but you can't say anything to that person. You can not mock them for being them. Again, you don't have to like it, but respect it. Or, at least, respect the person. Because, no matter what they wear, what color their hair is or anything else, they are people worth respecting. (Unless you know them and they proved you wrong with their bad behavior.) If you don't like them for whatever reason, don't hang out with those people and leave them alone. I'm sure most of them are dealing with all the looks while they're walking down the street. (I'm no angel, I also look when something seems weird to me, but at least I try not to stare...) I have no idea actually why I started this topic, there must have been something that annoyed me, but I've said my point. It is the same as: "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything." I think more people should go through life listening to this saying.
Is it True? Is it Helpful? Is it Inspiring? It it Necessary? Is it Kind? >> THINK

No comments:

Post a Comment