Translate

06 March, 2014

Brutally honest

Hello :)
Are you an honest person? I know we all believe that we are and most of us are really trying to be one, but that's not completely true. It can't be. We all lie. Little lies, big lies... Little ones are OK as long they're said to spare someone's feelings and when the subject isn't serious. At least, that's my opinion. For instance, when your friend is really really excited about her/his new bag/haircut/shoes and you don't particularly like it... Of course you're not gonna ruin their mood and tell the truth. Instead, you say it's OK. Don't over exaggerate, because then you're really lying. But I'm asking you if you have ever been brutally honest? I have never. I hold in a lot and I know that's not always (almost never) a good idea, but that's me. In my life, I think I only heard two brutally honest people and I was hurt by what they said. One of this times was yesterday, but it was all on Facebook so we talked about it and it turned out that was all a big misunderstanding (at least he described it pretty well to look like that). The other time, actually the first time, was in my 6th or 7th grade of elementary school. So, about 6 years ago. And I still remember her face and my reaction and humiliation and pain, really, when she said something about me. I still don't think that was true, but that was her opinion. The saddest part is that I believed her and even today, I often catch myself thinking about it. As much at it seemed like truth to her and she was honest, she should have considered that her words were going to mean something. She hurt me. And we were supposed to be friends. I also have a friend that was told some pretty ugly stuff by her "friend" and she loved it. At least, she didn't even admit she was hurt. God, I was hurt and he wasn't even talking about me! And now I'm thinking... Maybe I should be brutally honest too? Apparently, they don't care about feelings and, for some unknown reason, people like it. Being honest is clearly a virtue but you should still e careful what you're talking and to whom.
P.S. Non of the above considers Maja Vucic. (Somebody will understand.)
Bye bye
To be or not to be?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/3/14 19:56

    yeah maja vučić is the most honest person i've ever seen on tv..mad respect

    ReplyDelete