Translate

28 October, 2015

I can wear a hat now!

Hello :)
You all know (if you've been reading my blog) that I'm 20 years old. So this topic may be a bit strange to you but let's start at the beginning. For my whole life I've been stressing about what others thought of me. Don't get me wrong, it's still kinda important to me what others think of me, but now I'm almost a whole person and it's not likely I'll change anytime soon. But I'm not going to write about how I behave or what I think of myself. I am talking about my clothes. This has also been a topic of few of my posts. As I'm growing up, my style is changing. Not very drastically but there is some difference between now and then. I would see what is cool and modern and I would buy that but I would never wear it because I was worried I looked like a freak and people would stare at me. There aren't many pieces of clothing like this; I have one T-shirt, few blouses, one jeans... I also always wanted dresses which I've never worn because... I don't know why. Thankfully these weren't expensive stuff so I don't feel bad as much. However, I am pissed at myself for doing that. Now, after 20 years of living and, let's say, 10 years of picking out clothes on my own, I can proudly say I would wear a hat in public. You may think it's stupid, but wearing hats was a big deal to me. I have to brag a bit and say that I do look great with any kind of a hat, but lately I really want to get floppy or matine hat (this is taken from Google as I do not know any other hat name than fedora and cowboy). As I'm almost sure these are not real names of the hats, I'll put a picture below explaining what they should look like. (I just spend half an hour trying to find some legit classification but I couldn't. And I think it's all floppy hats and wide fedora, but what do I know. Pictures below.) Knowing my past with clothes, my mother does not believe me when I say I would actually wear it so she doesn't want to buy me one. Thank God I have my own money so I'll buy it myself. Of course, there are more on my wishlist but there's plenty of time to buy them all. Haha. Here are some other pieces I recently bought and I was once scared to wear them:
  • "winter" dress with 3/4 sleeves (I wanted long sleeves, but I'll build up to it)
  • over-the-knee socks (hopefully will look great with this dress and both high and low boots)
  • dark red jeans
  • sleeveless jacket but with fur (fake fur, of course)
  • blazers (I have dark blue one, but I've really stepped out of my comfort zone with peach one)
  • over-the-knee boots
Hats - round top (fedora style top acceptable), wide, one floppy, one firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment