Translate

23 December, 2018

YouTube/blogging vs. real job

Now I already expect a ton of hate towards this post especially if I dare to call myself a 'blogger', but it's OK. I hope I'll get my point across here. First of all, I will say that I'm currently unemployed, my parents work really hard for average (or even below average paycheck) and we're living from month to month which I think is the worst.
My blog definitely isn't in that category...
With YouTube getting a swing and becoming more popular by the day, also with all the bloggers coming out and getting famous I can't stop thinking about it being a real job. I'll first comment on this part. I know from my own experience that having a blog can be a pain in the ass and it's really time consuming. I have what I call 'a hobby blog' and I know it could probably be much more popular and better, but I like it the way it is. However if you have a blog that's supposed to be your main income source you have to invest much more time and effort in it. The same goes for YouTube of course.

I'm not saying influencers (I'll call it that so I don't have to write youtubers and bloggers all the time) don't work a lot on their content and there's a reason why some people made it so far. You can see their passion and effort in their content.
They shouldn't get all those brand deals, all the fame.
However, the money they have is not proportional. If you look at it, all they do is take photos or film videos for the world to see. Again, I know there's editing, promotion and all that, but it's still just a bunch of photos and few words on the Internet. These people are paid SO much to say some T-shirt is well made or some eyeliner is pitch black, to literally put on make-up or just to film themselves eat. Don't get me wrong, of course I follow some youtubers and bloggers and I love some content, but they sure don't deserve the money they get. This sounds harsh, but let's compare.
I know the world isn't fair, but this is just ridiculous.
One blogger charges up to $1000 for a review of some site, some youtuber charges $500 for a single shout-out... One football player is paid $100,000 for a game. And then... One nurse is paid $1000 for a month of their work, one sales person is paid $800 for their monthly work. One firefighter that endangers their life is paid around $1000 for a month.

I'm not going to get into this too much, but there's no way you can justify this to me. This is not just related to influencers. This goes for, as I mentioned, sports men and women, actors, singers and all those popular people. How can someone who sings have more money then people that invent cures for diseases? Or more than construction workers without who we would actually live on the street? You see my problem here?


What's your opinion? I would really start a discussion in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment