Translate

23 February, 2020

My thoughts on "To All The Boys P.S. I Still Love You"

OK, so it's finally out and I, being a hopeless romantic in love with these movies, just had to watch it as soon as I could. And I did. And here are my thoughts while watching it. Also, have in mind I freaking love romance movies so I'll let some things slide more than other people would.
Note: There are spoilers in here.
  • I LOVE that we're starting right where the last one ended, with the first date.
  • She is so cute getting ready.
  • It is awkward that she's thinking about them ending on the first date. I get it, but I wouldn't tell him that.
  • Her being so awkwardly cute is the best.
  • I love that LJ and her sister went out of their way to please her father and family.
  • How does she immediately have feelings toward a guy she hadn't seen in forever just because he wrote her back?
  • Volunteering at different places really isn't that big of a deal. Just do your thing. Separately.
  • Of course, the ex-girlfriend is still a bitch.
  • And, of course, PK is so late because we need to make him a bad guy now cause we need room for a new guy.
  • And then they have a perfect date which is cute.
  • She didn't put ANY milk into that bowl of cereal. What is that?
  • The sister playing a matchmaker is a bit boring and creepy when it comes to setting up her father with the neighbor.
  • I like Stormy.
  • Of freaking course the only guy volunteering with her is her crush from 10 years ago who coincidentally wrote her back just a few days ago.
  • She is totally in love with Peter, but still SO confused when it comes to John? Whom she hasn't seen in years!
  • It made me sad seeing her waiting for her Valentine's surprise and PK's locker.
  • Her gift was cute, thoughtful and from the heart.
  • Him texting her to get out of the party when she clearly wasn't having a good time was sweet.
  • The car scene was actually really cute. Even the sex talk because she was awkward about it and he was understanding. Her imagining Jen was a bit much. Haha.
  • Nothing more romantic than old people playing Bingo.
  • Seriously, at this point, why didn't she tell John she is with Peter now?
  • Yeah, this tree-house scenes are awkward.
  • Is she really playing dumb and trying to convince us that she didn't know she wasn't supposed to flirt with John because she has never been a girlfriend before?
  •  Again, of freaking course, John plays the piano.
  • I actually liked the dinner tradition. It's cute these two had an initiation into the family.
  • I didn't read the books so this would be a spoiler, but I found out that Peter actually waited for Jen as soon as the first movie came out. So, awkward.
  • I'm with Laura on this one. But Peter is also right here a bit.
  • And I really liked the two former best friends talking it out and being friends again.
  • But we needed this one kiss that didn't feel natural at all (to me) for her to realize things. I wonder will Peter ever find out about it.
  • Stormy is being great again.
  • And the ending is cute. Him opening with driving in the snow was SO cute and the rest is history.
Being a romantic soul that I am, I liked the movie, but I expected more. The first one was way better for me. Again, I didn't read the books so I didn't know everything that was coming, except the him waiting for Jen in the hot-tub, but I still expected more. I didn't feel anything between John and LJ. Maybe that was just me. But I am looking forward to the third part.

Read more about movies and TV shows I watch here: label review

Source: https://ew.com/movies/2020/01/29/to-all-the-boys-p-s-i-still-love-you-official-soundtrack/

Have you watched the movie? Or have you read the books? What do you think about it?



See you next Sunday ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment