Translate

24 February, 2019

Why have I gone missing on the Internet?

First of all, does anybody else write the word "Internet" with the capital letter? I remember my elementary school teacher saying this is the correct way and I've been writing it like this ever since... I'm pretty sure it's not necessary, but it's my habit now. Do you have any things like this that you do and feel like nobody else does?
This all indicated I had no time to rest at all this week.
Wow, this was a random beginning, but hey, I needed to start somewhere, right? So, I don't know whether you follow me anywhere and if you even noticed, but I've gone completely MIA on pretty much every social media platform. I haven't even turned on my laptop in 5 days which is a big thing because I don't usually do Internet stuff on my phone and I watch some TV shows on my laptop too. This all indicated I had no time to rest at all this week.
I've been employed only a week now and my body can't handle it anymore.
And why is this, you ask? Well, times are changing and I'm becoming an adult which is still weird and it feels like it came out of nowhere, even though I'm 24. Jesus, I'm old. The point of this ramble, however, is the fact that I got the job!! This may sound exciting, and I am grateful for it, but I work since 8 a.m. till 8 p.m. It also takes me an hour to get there and then an hour to get back. So I'm awake from 6 a.m. till about 11 p.m. and I die. I've been employed for only a week now and my body can't handle it anymore. It feels like I've been working for 10 years...
...because we're not that rich and I didn't know if I could ever pay them back...
To start at the beginning, I'm pretty lucky to be able to find a job so soon after graduation and ending my student job. I've been at home, jobless, for only a month and a half. Now, I do feel bad for immediately falling into this working routine because I wanted to explore some places, go somewhere, enjoy just lazy days walking around, shopping, doing some arts and crafts projects and so on, but I soon realized I had no money for traveling which was definitely on the top of my list. I also couldn't ask my parents for money because we're not that rich and I didn't know if I could ever pay them back...
...but this is literally the second best thing that could happen...
Also, this crazy shift time should end in about 2 or 3 weeks so I just need to endure that (help) and then I'll have normal 8-hour shift each day. The good thing is I absolutely love my new job. It's not the one I originally wanted and I'll still try out for my dream job if I ever get the opportunity, but this is literally the second best thing that could happen career wise. I love the job, the atmosphere, people... I love it all! And I know how lucky I am to be able to say that...
...I expect some drama here...
I'm not really on board with those "just imagine it, put your thoughts out there and it'll happen" things so I'm not gonna even try to say it. I would say this is just my luck. I happened to play my cards well at the right time and that's all there is to it. Also, since I work with a lot of people, I expect some drama here and there so you'll probably read more of my office stories here. We'll see how this will go. I'll also really try to get back to posting on Sundays because I actually really love writing for this blog. I'll just have to manage my weekend time better which, I guess, is really the adult life. Welcome me.


Source: https://giphy.com/explore/i-got-the-job

Tell me, do you work? Are you still in school or looking for a job? Share some advice on getting a job, first days at work, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Firstly, your life is pretty much relatable to mine. And to answer your questions, yes I do work. I am a content writer and I honestly love writing. As far as advice on getting a job, I think employers are no more looking for how qualified are you, but how you carry yourself and how efficient you are at your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming and reading :)
      Oh, I found my new passion for writing recently :D I hope it's going great for you!
      true, I've seen that already. I just hope to do my best and somebody will recognize that effort :D

      Delete