Translate

20 January, 2019

What I like in romance movies

If you've been reading this blog for a while, or if you know me, you should know that romance movies are my favorite. I can rewatch the same movie 40 times and still feel the same butterflies as I did the first time. So, what's so great about them?

Before I move on, I have to say I also love action movies, war themed movies especially and some other, but romance is always a safe bet for me. Even if they really really suck, I'll kinda like them. No, I won't hate them. There. Also, someone actually commented on this blog before that I live in a fantasy and I need to stop watching TV and romance. Why would I want that? Let me explain...
...I, obviously, am not totally over it...
First, let's address that comment. Unfortunately, I deleted it because I wasn't feeling good after I read it and it was a spur of a moment, but I wrote a post how I'm miserable being single and so on and a girl commented that I have to grow the fu*k up and see the real world, adding that I should never watch a romantic movie again because I clearly can't think straight. It really hit me back then, some time in 2016 I think and I, obviously, am not totally over it because I still think about it and remember it... However, those days are behind me, but my love for romance is still here.
...I like to see what I would like to experience.
It's true, I'm a sucker for romance. I'm, what you would call, an old-fashion romantic. I love that subtle flirting, bringing roses, going slow... And that's exactly what I love about those movies. Hence my love for Nicholas Sparks movies. I love seeing sharing looks, accidentally touching and then sharing a moment and overthinking it, that slow first kiss... I love awkwardness and them being confused because it's more real. Or so I think. Sure, there are some love making scenes thrown in there, but to be honest, I'm usually not so keen to see them. If they're also slow, romantic, filled with love, then yes, but those quick s-e-x scenes kinda kill the moment for me. Of course, I like to see what I would like to experience. I think that's normal and understandable. Weirdly, I also love the crying, fights, jealousy and all that. I guess I'm trying to experience it all? I can't explain this one. Haha.

Source: https://giphy.com/gifs/kiss-couple-loving-Nv092tXozKaEE
Gosh, I have to sound really pathetic now, or weird.
I can literally feel butterflies for some movie couples. It's weird that I never felt it for myself and I didn't actually know what were people talking about, but then I realized I have them when I watch movies. Or TV shows. And it's true it's the weirdest, but the greatest feeling ever. Gosh, I have to sound really pathetic now, or weird. I don't know what's on your mind. That's also why I usually cry when I'm watching romance. I'm watching something I want, but don't have. And let me just tell you, I usually start crying at the first touch, that thought "I love him and he doesn't love me" (which is obviously a complete lie cause he loves her too) or if in a scene he tries to kiss her and she is all nervous about it. Stuff like this usually.
...I still believe that prince charming is real...
To some extent, I still believe that prince charming is real, that I'll have that movie romance and I'm not ready to give up on that. Maybe I'm too old to think this way, but I can't really go against my feelings. The difference between then and now is that I'm more aware of the world and romance so I know that I'll probably have to alter some expectations and it may not all be perfect, but I'm sure I want a guy that can do something romantic every once in a while. I think the picture here represents what I actually like pretty well.

Source: https://livereadbreathe.blogspot.com/2013/09/out-of-line-blog-tour-review-giveaway.html
Also, just in case you're about to leave a comment here, let me just clarify that I'm not currently sad about all this, I'm not depressed and I'm well aware that I can live a good life by myself. However, my ultimate goal for some time in the future is to have a husband and a family so I do think about it here and there.



What's your favorite movie genre and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment