Translate

22 April, 2018

I'm broke.

More like broke AF, but I hate when people say it like that, so yeah. I'm broke. Just to set up this post, here's a small intro and all info I think you should have before reading this.
I'm a full time student with classes every day (or 4 out of 5), mostly during the entire day. I'm also 23, living with my parents. And before you roll your eyes, that's actually the most normal thing here. It's the way we live. I've had some summer jobs, but I didn't earn enough to last me the entire year. I also like to shop. I know I talk about shopping a lot, especially to my friends here, but I rarely actually go and buy something. I set my shopping goals and I'm usually pretty good at following them. My only income during the year are my grandparents (thank you!) and, of course, my parents.
Source: https://therealdanielsteinberg.wordpress.com/2014/09/19/im-broke-but-im-happy/
When I was in elementary school, and even in high school, I was usually the one with most money because I would keep all the money I would get and basically save it only for movies and coffees I would go to. Also, I should probably tell you that the prices of everything went up enormously since I was that age (so about 5 to 9 years).
Fast-forward 5 to 9 years and here I am. More broke than I ever was. Well, you can't be "more broke", so it's safe to say I'm broke. I obviously have much more expenses now, paying for some college stuff, clothes, make-up and all that that comes with puberty, growing up and basically trying to go with the world. I also have kinda wrong image of myself so I try to make up for it with new clothes and trends. However, lately, like in the past year or so, I've learned to live with myself, be happy and I've noticed that I spend way (!) less money cause I don't need all these stuff Internet tells me I absolutely need. However, that didn't help me at all. I have no idea how I survived some past years, but I spend less than ever and I have less money than I ever had. I'm lucky enough that my parents never turn me down if I ask for money, mostly because I'm a sane person and I only ask for "important" stuff and not for thousands for some new make-up product. But I've also noticed that they've been struggling with money more than ever now and it's obviously reflecting on me too.
Now, not only that I'm not able to afford some new stuff for myself, I'm struggling with buying presents for my friends, keeping up with them when they wanna go out and so on... I don't know if I explained this they way it is in my head, but I'm actually struggling with this a lot. A lot more than I let anyone know.
I'm maybe even more stressed out because of the fact that I was always "the richest" out of my friends and the fact that I always had some more money at home. I was even able to lend my friend a sh*t ton of money cause I had it. I couldn't have done it now. I don't know where I was going with this, but I just needed to tell this to someone.

How are your finances? Earning money or getting it?

See you next Sunday ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment