Translate

26 October, 2016

Reasons why I'd like to live alone

Hey. You probably know I live with my family; mother, father and occasionally brother. You also probably know I'm 21 years old. The only reason why I'm still with them is lack of money. But all things aside, here are my reasons why I'd love to live alone (in no particular order).
Note: I do realize there are good sides of living with my family, but this struck me the other day so I wanted to share it with you.
  • pampering days
I recently got interested in make-up and skin/hair care so I usually need one day a week to be alone to do all these stuff without anyone judging me for having hair or face mask on. I know it looks ridiculous, but answering the same questions every single time is getting really boring and annoying.
  • my own bathroom
As much as I'd love to have freedom in all the rooms, bathroom is something I really need to be just mine. This goes with the first thing I wrote above. I spend the normal amount of time in there, but I just need the bathroom for only myself on some days.
  • listening to music 24/7
From the moment when I walk into the apartment or wake up till the moment I go out or to sleep, I have the music on. I listen to it on the radio, TV or laptop, but there's always some music. I don't understand how my parents can't listen to music. Once they get home, music is turned off and TV, which nobody is watching if I may add, is turned on.
  • peaceful evenings
There are some evenings/nights when I just want to cuddle up in my bed and watch some TV with hot cocoa and popcorn. But I can't do it cause my TV has been acting weird lately and the main TV in the living room is only watched by my father. God forbids somebody is watching something else while he's home.
  • sleepovers
Since I can remember, I always wanted to have friends over, but I never couldn't because we have quite small apartment and there are no extra beds. Even if I could invite somebody, I can't do that to my family in their own living space.
  • decorating
How I wished I had more space to put the decor I like. Also, my parents and I don't always agree on what's pretty so we basically don't have any decoration, only the functional stuff we actually use. That's not so bad, but I'd still like some pretty stuff every here and there.
  • not having to move everything right away
I'm a neat person in general, but I have some times when I leave my jacket hanging in the hallway or my boots beside the shoe compartment. If I do so, it's because I'm planning on wearing those exact stuff again soon or I just have something I need to do right away so this would have to wait. I clean everything after myself, but it sometimes take till the evening and my mother can't wait that long.
  • neighbors
I know this problem will be with me as long as I live in an apartment building, but I seriously hate my neighbors right now. I would like to live in a house if that's possible.


Where do you live? With whom? Do you like it or have your own reasons for wanting to move out?

No comments:

Post a Comment