Translate

28 July, 2016

Unisex toilets

Before I start anything, I am not even sure which country we're talking about (I'd guess somewhere in the USA) and what's actually going on there, but I saw some conversations on social networks about this and I formed an opinion. Here it is. As much as I know, they're debating whether toilets should be unisex (I'm gonna call it like that) or separated for either women or men. As we are all about equality, people are saying toilet is a toilet and it doesn't matter who is in it. So, I saw most of people voting for unisex. This is not even a thing in my country, but I'll say I'm against. And I always will be. I think. Why? Because I don't think I would feel comfortable with men in the bathroom. I don't have anything against men, but I feel more comfortable with women who I know have all the same body parts as I do. Also, it's less likely that a woman will attack me in the toilet. This is totally generalizing all men everywhere, but I really hope you'll get this in the right way. It's a thing here that if the women's toilet is occupied (and it always is), some girls go to men's toilet (if no one is there). And I've seen only few men in my life going into women's toilet. And now you'll say that one thing is OK and the other isn't, but it's not about that. The point here is just that most women take more time in the bathroom so the lines are endless. And sometimes you just don't have the time to wait. I would be OK with a man in women's toilet if there was an "emergency". The more I'm thinking about it now, the more I think why the hell would I mind men in the toilet, but I just would. I'd like to hear men's opinion on this. Furthermore, periods. I'm almost embarrassed (I know I shouldn't be) for other women knowing that I have period, but I would just die if I had to throw my lady pad in the trash in front of an unknown guy. And I probably will never see those people again and they do know we have periods, but I'm like that. And I know I can't be the only one. Also, guys are guys, and I'm sure they have some things they don't won't to share in front of women. Even if they're just talking about some hot girl they've just seen. You know? It's kinda hard for me to write all of this down to have sense, but I hope I managed to explain myself. Me being embarrassed and weirded out by some stuff is just me.

What's your opinion?
Such a happy toilet :D

No comments:

Post a Comment