Translate

30 October, 2015

Read between the lines 3

Hello. It's been a long time since I wrote about songs, so I'm here to correct that mistake. (Read between the lines tag is on the right under "Labels".) This time, I won't write about powerful songs and their meaningful lyrics. Today my topic is s-e-x. I should probably tell you that this is not recommended for persons under the age of 12?
  1. Extreme - More Than Words. He doesn't want her to say she loves him. She needs to prove him her love with something else than words. I won't say anything else.
  2. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax. Shoot in the right direction, go after your intention... But just relax. Don't do it. He's coming. Hmm, yeah, real relaxation song, right?
  3. Flo Rida - Whistle. Oh seriously? You didn't see this one? Yeah, Flo Rida is not teaching us how to actually whistle. He was 33 when this song was released; I think he already knows how to whistle. There's some other thing people do with lips like that. And half-naked people in the video should have been only a confirmation.
  4. The Pointer Sisters - I'm So Excited. Now, I love this song and I still sing it in any life moment when I'm excited about something but this is a song about that special night. If you ask me, this is a good song about it. It's actually teaching us there need to be feelings involved, it's OK to be nervous and excited. After all, you'll remember this your whole life.
  5. Aqua - Barbie girl. She says she is blond bimbo girl and she wants him to dress in anything tight. He can touch her, play with her, do whatever he wants. And then: "Let us do it again"?
  6. Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle. She didn't do it quite a long time and now she is looking for a new guy. She is hormonal and can't wait for a song to be over so they can go. And before anything, he needs to make a right move and she has to like it. Also, he needs to rub her the right way...
  7. Village People - YMCA. Well, of course. This is ultimate party song, but have you known what it is really about? As far as I know YMCA is a motel/hotel/something where young gay men would go to feel accepted and right. Now, I'm not getting into gay-OK or gay-not OK, but this is clearly a song about sex. It's being sung by 6 men in different suits (usually sexy - police officer, fire fighter, construction worker,...).
  8. Donna Summer - Hot Stuff. This song doesn't have any hidden message. She is at home, bored, looking for somebody to have fun with. She is looking for a hot lover. And she needs it this evening!
All of the above.
Do tell me what you think about this and if you have any suggestions for new "Read between the lines" post, leave a comment below. You can either name some songs and I'll try to make a category for them or tell me the title and category and I'll put together a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment