Translate

04 September, 2014

Songs that touch my soul

Hey. :)
It's world wide known that girls are, in general, more emotional than guys so many things can make us cry. Also, it's known that everybody is different so this may not go for all the girls (or guys) out there. However, I'm going to tell you what makes me cry. Other than almost every romantic movie I see. There are these movies and songs that always hit my heart and I, most of the times, can't help myself. I start crying. Not necessarily because of what I heard or saw that moment, but that triggered something in me. Half an hour later, I'm crying over my embarrassing moment in the second grade. And there's nothing I can do to control that. So, eventually, I just stopped fighting it. If nothing, tears are good for cleaning your eyes. Other than movies, songs are the second best thing for triggering tears.
  1. Song "Don't Speak" by No Doubt makes me think about the guy that I sat with in the elementary school for the last two years. It was no secret that I had a huge crush on him, but, stupid me, I denied everything when somebody would ask me about it. Anyhow, after the school ended we stayed in touch for a very short time and now we only see each other on the big gatherings of the entire class every few years. Let me just remind you of the beginning: "You and me...We used to be together...Everyday together always...I really feel...That I'm losing my best friend...I can't believe...This could be the end ..." Every single verse I just wrote describes exactly how I feel about him. And yes, it's weird since we were together every single minute for that last two years and since it says that he was like my best friend that we parted away, but unfortunately that happens.
  2. Song "Cvijetak žuti" ("Yellow Flower"). Other than really peaceful and kinda sad melody, there are sad lyrics about a flower dying because the winter is coming.
  3. Song" Zeko i potočić" ("Bunny and the Creek") is about the snow covering the creek and the bunny is crying because he can't find the creek.
  4. Song "Kad se prijatelji rastaju" ("When friends go apart/say goodbye") by Jasmin Stavros is really what the title says. Everything will exist, but there won't be friends after goodbye. This song is always on some reunions or the last days of school/graduations etc. If you don't cry at that in my country, you have a heart of stone.
  5. Song "Zora je" ("It's Dawn") by Neda Ukraden is a great love song. It's dawn, he's not there and she can't stop loving him. She wants him back, she's dreaming about him, and he's not coming. She cries.
  6. Song "Broken Strings" by James Morrison and Nelly Furtado. Just listen to the lyrics. Everything will be clear. "It tears me up, I try to hold on but it hurts too much..."
  7. Song "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis Presley. Just one of those songs that I have to listen from the beginning to the end. And I have to spend the whole time thinking about everything. "Because I love you too much baby..."
Rose on the music. The dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment